By all means, thy Reader, when you shelter thy glance upon my humble writings, do keep in mind that this blog centers upon ideas, questions and meditations. It is also a personal gallery of paintings and photos.

October 13, 2011

Vienna

When visiting Vienna, you might be amazed at the crowd of tourists pouring into/ out of cafes, museums and shops. Nevertheless, such crowd is not tiredsome.
I marvelled again at the hostpitality of the Viennese people. I love the way they carry on with their lives calm and serene. And the way they are willing to help you out, even without you asking for it. I had the most wonderful experience with a Viennese woman. I was lost and I was taking the map out of my backpack. She was parking her bike and seeing me, she told me something in German. As I looked at her, seemingly not understanding what she said, she switched to English and asked me if she can be of service. I told her the name of the street I was looking for. She directed me to it, wished me a nice day and left.
Besides views, either from Belvedere Palace or Danube Tower, Vienna has many other wonderful things to offer, such as: lounges where you can have great cups of coffee, restaurants with exceptional food, chocolateries, a great variety of museums and parks, markets and most comfortable and easy to use means of transportation.
Secession

View from the Danube Tower

Butterfly in its dedicated home


Schmetterling Haus (Butterfly house)

Schonbrunn Palace

The Statue of Maria Theresa



Belvedere Palace

St. Stephen's Cathedral

Belvedere Palace

Belvedere Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment